In the course of our dealings with you, we will collect and process personal information about you. Personal information includes any information allowing us to identify you as an individual, for example, your name, your email address or your telephone number.
We are committed to protecting your privacy. We will use your personal information in accordance with all applicable laws and regulations that relate to data protection and privacy, including the EU General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR).
This document tells you:
- what personal information we collect;
- why we collect this information;
- how we will use it;
- how long we will keep it;
- who else will see it;
- how you can contact us;
- your rights in relation to the personal information that we hold, including your rights to change, delete and see your information.
When using our website we will also place cookies on your device - please see our cookies page for more information about the cookies we use and how you can change your cookie settings.
What information do we collect?
We collect the following types of information:
(a) Information we collect when you register with us
When you register with us, we will ask you for a number of pieces of information including:
- your name;
- your postal address;
- your email address;
- your telephone number;
- your profession;
- a password - please keep this safe;
- whether you would like to receive information from us via email, SMS text, post or telephone;
- if you are placing an order, we will also ask for your payment card number, expiry date and CVV number.
nformation we collect about how you use our website and apps
When you shop with us, browse our websites or other organisations' websites where our adverts are shown, or use our apps, we will collect:
- information about any devices you have used (including the manufacturer, model and operating system, IP address, browser type and mobile device identifiers);
- cookies and information about your online browsing and purchasing behaviour and history on our websites and apps, your location, your product selection, and information about when you click on one of our adverts (including those shown on other organisations' websites);
- information when you write a review or ask a question or provide an answer via our Q&A section;
- details of your purchases with or through us;
- photos and videos you have uploaded on our web and mobile platforms and applications;
- information about your preferences in connection with our website and App, for the purposes of enhancing and personalising your experience;
- CCTV footage when you visit our premises; and
- information when you "share this" product review via Facebook, Twitter, GooglePlus and other social media channels.
If you register an account with us, we may be able to link the information collected from you before registration and apply it to your registered account or future information that we collect after you have registered.
Why do we ask for this information?
When you place an order online, through our App, or through our contact centre, we need your contact and payment information to enable us to take payment and fulfil your order. We also request your contact information and need your payment information when you shop offline with us through our trade counters. You can browse our website without providing us with any of this information. When you want to place an order via the website, we ask you to login or register so you can open a customer profile and upload and save images, save your browsing information and your preferences and retrieve them from any of your devices.
You may also provide us with personal information via our forums, product questions and reviews, survey responses or competition entries.
We will ask for or collect your information when you use our trade counters or our customer support services, including telephone support and instant messaging.
You do not have to give us permission in order to use our website.
We ask for your permission to send you marketing and promotional material using your address, telephone number, email address and SMS, so that we can send you free gifts, discount vouchers, invitations to events, special offers, market research, and other marketing material that we believe may be of interest to you. If you give permission, you will be able to withdraw it at any time.
Even if you choose not to receive this marketing information, we may still use your personal information to provide you with important services communications, including communications in relation to any orders you submit or products you purchase.
How do we use your personal information
We have set out below the purposes for which we use your personal information. We are also required by law to state a "legal basis for processing", i.e. to tell you on what grounds we are allowed to use your information, and this is also set out below. The legal basis for each purpose is that we have your consent for the use of your personal information, or that we need to use your personal information in order to perform a contract with you, or that the use of your personal information is necessary for our legitimate interests (in which case we will explain what those interests are).